Speak to Xenia outside the carnillean mansion to start the quest. The Carnillean Mansion is just south of the Ardougne Castle. She will then tell you to speak to Ceril. She will proceed to tell you that she was picked to do the task, but refused. Go to Ceril, who is on the ground floor, and ask about the job.
Training the son
Ceril will tell you that Henryeta and and he are growing old, and that they need their son, Philip to be their heir. You will be requested to create a quest for Philipe to complete. He will hand you a list that has a number of tasks to complete. Ask where you can get the stuff from, otherwise you cannot complete the quest. Speak to Butler Crichton, who will tell you to search the bookcase for a book about Carnillean family. The bookcase is located next to Henryete Carnillean.
Down to the Caves
Go down to the basement and into the cave near the ladder. You will then see a cutscene with Butler Crichton telling you what to do. You will see a cave with various things that need to be done.
Building up the caves
Head to the top floor of the mansion, then take the following from the master bedroom.
Two Dragon heads off the wall
Net curtains from the north-east wall
Take the sword and armour from the wardrobe
Henryeta’s Necklace, on the dresser
Go down to the cellar and speak to Claus about being the drunk jailor, then grab the following
- 30 rusty spikes from the barrel of junk
- 7 buckets of water (optional)
- 9 wooden boards, twine, shears and a jug of wine from the cupboard
- The spider on the floor
- Use the spider and netting on the entrance to the cellar
- Use seven buckets of water on the pit
- Talk to the two goblins. Nostrillia will only help you if you give her human armour. Give them the armour you took from the wardrobe, then ask them to play the guards. Build them on the hotspot.
- Build tripwires using twine on the nearby hotspots after setting up the goblins as the guards.
- If you have not already spoke to Claus in the Cellar, do so now and ask for his help. Tell hi to be the drunken jailer but he will only agree if he gets to drink Ceril’s fortified wine. If you do not have it, it is on the table next to Claus. Lead Claus next to the bridge and build him on the jailer spot.
- Enter the cave to the southeast to find two wolves. Grab the mouse to have the wolves follow you. Be careful to not get to far away from them. Lead them to the dragon hotspot and build it. Use a dragon head on each position to finish this task.
- If you have not already, speak to Sarsaparilla and ask her to help you. After she refuses, ask if she plans on staying there all day. She will tell you she always wanted to play an actress. Tell her you are making a play, and invite her to play a role. She will play a damsel in distress. Build her on the Damsel in Distress hotspot, then use the twine on her to tie her up.
- You must now choose Philipe’s reward for completing his quest. If you have Henryeta’s Necklace, use it on Sarsaparilla. If you have Sir Ceril’s Money Pouch, use it on Claus.
- Place either blood stains, scary eyes, or impaled skulls on the three decoration hotspots. They are located after the pit at the end of the hall, on the northwest wall before the goblins, and on the northeast wall after the tripwire.
After you have finished, speak to Philipe and offer the quest. He will say that he overheard his parents and knows about the quest. Pickpocket him to get a back of sweets. Offer the quest again, and choose the bag of sweets as a reward. After the dragons are killed, the Cave Wolf Matriarch will appear. You will distract the matriarch so Philipe can kill it. To distract it, attack it once. To dodge his attack, run around the room constantly. His attacks will lessen the lower your health is.
Once the wolf is defeated, a cutscene will be shown showing Philipe rescuing Sarsaparilla. After the cutscene is complte, you will be back on the main floor. Speak to Ceril about the quest, then speak to Senia, who teleported back to the mansion. She will tell you that she planned the entire attack. Speak to Ceril once more to complete the quest.